In the framework of the project “Solid Waste Management in cross-border rural and coastal areas of SEE region”, will be organized the First Dialogue Platform sessions for the identification of challenges and needs for establishment of cross-border integrated solid waste management models in the SEE cross-border regions.
The project is working in 3 pilot regions: Adriatic Pilot region (Albania, Montenegro, BiH and Croatia), Sharra Mountain (Albania, Kosovo*, Macedonia) and Drina (Tara-Sava) river region (BIH, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro). As such, the SWG and NALAS are planning to organize 3 dialogue platform discussions, one per region.
The First Dialogue Platform session for “Sharra” Region will take place in Hotel Sharri “, Prevall/Prevalac on 1-2 December 2015.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Facilitate the communication and cooperation among impacting and impacted communities in three pilot areas,
- Present findings of the draft assessment of the regional cross-border impact of solid waste management in the pilot regions,
- Identify challenges and needs for establishment of cross-border ISWM model in the pilot regions,
- Create an opportunity for municipalities from the selected pilot regions to agree on principles of cooperation
- Initiate the process of formulating measures and policy recommendations on ISWM in cross-border areas.
The project is being implemented on behalf of the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) and NALAS, in support of GIZ Open Regional Fund for South East Europe – Modernization of Municipal Services (ORF MMS).
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence