The aim of the Eight Annual Working Meeting of Ministers of Agriculture 2014, is to discuss the future of regional cooperation and reforms in the sector of agriculture and rural development in the process of EU approximation of the SEE region.
The topics which will be discussed during the Eighth Annual Working Meeting of the Ministers of Agriculture from SEE are:
- Streamlining of agriculture and rural development policies of SEE countries for EU accession
- EU integration and the agriculture and rural development assistance under IPA 2014 – 2020;
- Reforms of the Rural Development Policy of the EU for the new period 2020 related to the impact of the climate change and need for specific measure to adapt farms;
- Competitive and sustainable growth in economic, social and environmental agricultural diversity into an asset for the SEE countries
Participants of this meeting are:
- Ministers of Agriculture from SEE countries;
- Officially appointed Ministry representatives in the SWG Assembly;
- Ministry representatives on decision making and technical level dealing with agriculture and rural development policies;
- Representatives of the European Commission;
- Representatives of the internationally financed and donor organizations (FAO, GIZ, RCC, CIHEAM etc.)
The Eight Annual Working Meeting of Ministers of Agriculture 2014 is organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food of the Republic of Bulgaria and the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in South-Eastern Europe (SEE).