The Association TERRA’S from Subotica, Republic of Serbia in cooperation with the SWG Head Office/Secretariat is organizing an International Conference: „Organic Agriculture – achievments and perspectives on the way to Green economy and sustainable development“ and the First coordinative meeting of the Regional Expert Advisory Group on Organic Agriculture which will happen within the “8th International Festival of the Organic Products – BIOFEST” from 30 October to 2 November in Subotica, Serbia.
The International Conference and the Coordinative meeting are intended for representatives of the Ministries of Agriculture dealing with organic sector, representatives of BON (Balkan Organic Network) and representatives from the National associations of organic producers from South Eastern Europe as well as for Regional and International experts in Organic Agriculture and trade.
The following objectives are set:
- Promotion of organic products from Serbia and the SEE region with specific focus on products with protected designation of origin, protected gheographical indication and original products with organic ingredients from the villages and presentation of the specific requirements for their control and inspection
- Presentation of positive examples of green economy in each country and the current, up-dated situation and on-going innitiatives in the organic agriculture in the region with special focus to the Trade Procedures and Recognition of National Organic Certification between the SEE Countries to be presented and discussed.
- Presentation of the latest development in the National legislation related to Organic production and trade in SEE countries
- Establishment of closer cooperation between the representing associations of organic producers and strengthening of regional cooperation in the organic sector.
- Realization of the First coordinative meeting of the Regional Expert Advisory Group on Organic Agriculture
- Realization of Assembly of the Balkan Organic Network – BON