The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announce a call for project proposals.
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announces a call for project proposals on the following topics:
1. development of tourist destinations by improving the quality of services and facilities, strengthening competitiveness and developing partnerships in rural tourism;
2. diversification of rural economy through tourism; and
3. educational tourism based on the concept of active learning.
in four regions that include the following municipalities:
1. Central Serbia: Ljig, Valjevo, Kosjeric, Mionica, Gornji Milanovac
2. Lower Danube: Golubac, Kladovo, Majdanpek, Pozarevac, Veliko Gradiste
3. South Banat: Alibunar, Bela Crkva, Kovin, Vrsac
4. Eastern Serbia: Knjazevac, Zajecar, Pirot, Dimitrovgrad, Negotin.
UNWTO will support the project proposals in relation to theme 1, FAO and UNDP will support the proposals relating to the theme 2, and UNICEF will support the proposals relating to the third theme. Funding for successful proposals will be provided by the Fund for achievement of the Millennium Development Goals of the Government of the Kingdom of Spain.
Complete tender documents and necessary information for applicants on all topics is available on the following links:
The call is open until September 26th, 2011.