SWG delegation consisted of country representatives from the SWG member Institutions (one per country) participates at the Global Forum for Food and Agriculture and at the World’s largest consumer show – the International Green Week taking place for the 76th time in the Berlin exhibition halls.
The Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA) taking place on January 20-22 is a unique event which brings together around 50 ministries of agriculture from the whole world. The main subject will be: ”Trade and Global Food Security: Global – Regional – Local“.
The SWG Head Office/Secretariat provided access to the delegation members for the following main events:
- Investment Opportunities in South-Eastern Europe
- The Development of Agriculture and Food Industry in Eastern Europe
- International Agriculture Ministers’ Panel Discussion, Trade and Global Food Security: Global – Regional – Local
Based on personal preferences, the delegation’s representatives will participate at the following events:
- EU-Agricultural Policy after 2013 – Evaluation of the Reform Proposals of the EU-Commission
- Partnership for Modernisation as a Contribution towards Global Food Security
- Sustainable Bioenergy in Central Europe – Global, Regional or Local Strategies for Use and Trade?
- Global Markets: What Future for Smallholders?
- Shaping Rural Development Policies – Experiences from Development Cooperation
- Regional Agricultural Trade for Food Security and Economic Development – Bridging Local and International Demand?
- Food Safety – a Global Approach
- Fair Trade – Make Agricultural and Trade Policy Fair
In addition, the SWG delegation will realize several meetings in the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and in the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMELV)