In the framework of the project “Solid Waste Management in cross-border rural and coastal areas of SEE region”, will be organized the Second Dialogue Platform sessions for the identification of challenges and needs for establishment of cross-border integrated solid waste management models in the SEE cross-border regions.
The 2nd Dialogue Platform session for “Sharra” Region will take place in Hotel Kacinari “, Prizren on 17-18 March 2016.
The aim of the Second Dialog Platform is to present the Environmental and Economic Impacts` Assessment as base for development of the proposal on Integrated Solid Waste Management Model in cross-border context of the Sharra Region
The platform will be used for discussion on the topics;
- Methodology for Monitoring of the Floating Debris and its Sources
- roles and responsibilities of the relevant stakeholders
- Concepts on waste collection standards and recycling
- Waste Collection Organizational Concepts.
- The process of formulating policy recommendations on ISWM in cross-border areas, initiated within the First Dialog Platform session will take place too.
The project is being implemented on behalf of the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) and NALAS, in support of GIZ Open Regional Fund for South East Europe – Modernization of Municipal Services (ORF MMS).
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence