The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in SEE and the GIZ supported project Climate Change Adaptation in the River Drin Basin (GIZ CCA) jointly organized the planning workshop on Follow up activities and initiation of a regional working group on joint water resource and forestry management in South Eastern Europe.
The aim of the workshop was to define the future steps out to be taken for the regional coordination of joint water resource and forestry management in the region of South Eastern Europe. This was done through discussions and evaluation of the methods on making the proposed regional working group in becoming visible a leading, pro-active initiative on regional level for joint water resource and forestry management.
The workshop program focused on:
- Presentation of a situation analysis;
- Presentation of experts’ recommendations;
- Discussion and formulation of regional project schemes on joint WR and Forestry management in SEE;
- Drafting of a road map towards enhanced regional planning and coordination as well as project design and implementation;
- Inclusion of all possible players, stakeholders and donor community.
The target group was comprised of representatives of relevant Ministries from the water and forest management sectors, national experts and academics on water and forest management from the SEE countries. International experts from Germany and Slovenia also participated at the workshop.