The Head Office/Secretariat of the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in SEE is looking for a Finance Assistant who will be engaged for the following responsibilities and tasks:
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assists in evidence and accounting for payments in used currencies
- Assists in preparation of invoices for payment of costs according to established procedure;
- Assists in financial check of contract related invoices for the projects and filing copy of invoices in contract files;
- Assists in processing and maintaining of financial files and records (invoices, payment orders, etc.);
- Assists in preparation of orders for payment and payment requests for operational expenses;
- Assists in preparation of VAT and Excise refund documents according to established procedure and submission of VAT and Excise refund documents to relevant institutions;
- Assists in reconciliation of the accounts payable and receivable;
- Assists in preparation of travel expenses planning, checking of travel expenses claims and preparation of refund of travel costs;
- In coordination with SWG Finance Manager, assists in communicating with banks and financial institutions;
- Assists in conducting other activities deemed as necessary within the framework of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Practical knowledge in accounting for payments, invoices, financial files and records;
- Practical knowledge in preparation of financial reports and statements;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Work independently and within a team;
- Well organized in approach as well as in document maintenance;
- Professional in all communications including those handled in person, on phone or/and via e-mail;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of financial experience with day-to-day financial operations.
- Degree in economics
- Knowledge of English language;
- Proficient use of office software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send your CV and cover letter latest by January 15th, 2019 on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls will be accepted!
The shortlisted applicants will be contacted.