Engagement within the SWG Head Office/Secretariat located in Skopje, Macedonia.
Objective of the position
- Serves as assistant and support to the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters by inputting into sales and purchase records from source documents;
- Performs a variety of operations related to production of financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets and correspondence as required
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Performs evidence and accounting for payments in used currencies and payments of all contract and procurement related invoices;
- Prepares invoices for payment of costs (translation into English language, necessary calculation for division of costs, etc.);
- Prepares orders for payment and payment requests for operational expenses;
- Prepares VAT refund documents and Excise refund documents (filling necessary templates, assembling of accompanying documents, etc.) and submission of VAT refund documents and Excise refund documents to relevant institutions;
- Prepares calculations for travel expenses claims for refund of travel costs
- Makes financial check of contract related invoices for the projects and files of copy of invoices in contract files;
- Performs processing and maintaining of financial files and records (invoices, payment orders, etc.);
- Prepares acknowledgement letters for received funds to donors and SWG member institutions;
- Takes care for opening of new bank accounts according to the needs of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat;
- Takes care for closing of opened banks accounts for the needs of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat for completed projects and executed activities;
- Assists the Financial Manager in bookkeeping;
- Assists in preparation of budgets of different activities according to the needs;
- Assists in preparation of financial reports for payment of membership fee of SWG member institutions;
- Assists in preparation of Annual Financial Statement for the overall work of the SWG;
- Assists in reconciliation of the accounts payable and receivable;
- Assists in preparation of financial reports and statements (entry data in tables, copying and assembling of accompanying documents, etc.), according to the donor requirements;
- Communicates with banks and financial institutions;
- Assists in conducting other activities deemed as necessary within the framework of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat.
- University degree in economics/finance, business finance or equivalent;
- 1-3 years’ experience with day-to-day financial operations. Experience with international organizations shall be considered as an advantage;
- Proficient use of office software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent knowledge of English language;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Practical knowledge in accounting for payments, invoices, financial files and records;
- Practical knowledge in preparation of financial reports and statements;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment;
- Work independently and within a team;
- Organized in approach as well as in document maintenance;
- Professional in all communications including those handled in person, on phone or/and via e-mail.
Interested applicants are invited to send CV and Cover letter on the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org latest until August 14th, 2015.
Phone calls will not be accepted.