HEAD OF ADMINISTRATION
Engagement within the SWG Head Office/Secretariat located in Skopje, Macedonia.
Objective of the position
Manage the provision of high quality and sustainable administrative support and assistance to the SWG Secretary General and the SWG Management Team and staff to enable the smooth running of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat.
Responsible for all administration aspects of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat, staffing, facilities, telecommunications, database management, fulfillment, purchasing, shipping/receiving, etc.
Directs the Human Resource/Personnel function of the organization including employee policy handbook, performance appraisal, grievance procedures, discipline, policy and procedure development and implementation of same, benefits administration, payroll, position posting, screening and interviewing all candidates, temporary staffing requirements, etc.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provides direction and leadership in such a way as to nurture, create and maintain an environment that is (1) free from discrimination, intolerance and harassment and (2) provides employees with equal access to opportunities for growth and advancement including professional development whenever possible;
- Organizes and maintains personnel files and records,
- Monitors and keeps regular evidence of approved absences of staff;
- Takes care of public announcement for new job posts and provide support with new hires, terminations, layoffs, on-boarding, promotions and other personnel activities;
- Coordinates, manages and monitors the workings of all team members, delegate tasks and accountabilities;
- Plans the use of human resources to most effectively manage day to day business;
- Coordinates and conducts thorough internal investigations to resolve employee relations issues and grievances.
- Monitors and makes assessment of performance of staff who are under his/her direct supervision;
- Supervise SWG fleet maintenance:
- Well planning of car movements and adherence to plans;
- Set in place and execution of vehicles’ maintenance plan;
- Regular checks related to safety of vehicles;
- Regular setting of timetables for renewing of insurance / taxation / road licenses etc.;
- Control and monitor use of vehicles;
- customs clearance for new cars;
- Is responsible for logistic issues related to organization of events in close cooperation with Project Management Units;
- Is responsible for the centralized procurement process for goods and services;
- Is responsible for customs clearance procedures of imported equipment and materials;
- Handles the procurement, distribution, and storage of equipment;
- Supervises files with warranty lists for procured equipment;
- Supervises modernization and update of equipment, as well as update equipment inventory lists;
- Interfaces with IT service provider and SWG staff to insure that SWG’s IT systems function adequately.
- Is person in charge for supervision of work hours of staff;
- Is responsible to oversee and manage office supplies;
- Administers maintenance of the premises of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of University degree in business or international business or related field. Master’s degree in business administration or related field shall be considered as an advantage.
- A minimum of seven years relevant successful experience in
- administrative and supervisory roles and functions of progressive responsibility at a managerial level;
- business planning & operational management;
- development, planning, staffing, and execution of fundraising programs.
- supervision of administrative and support staff personnel.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Reader;
- Familiarity with database information flow/costing software;
- Adept in learning new software quickly and able to navigate and use to review, track, and upload various documents;Good command of English language (second international language is preferred);
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, self-directed, and highly motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a collaborative environment under pressure.
- Strong organizational and time management skills – able to work well independently.
- Ability to work effectively with others in alignment with the SWG Rules and Procedures;
- Ability to provide initiative, judgment and creativity in the resolution of complex problems.
- Ability to establish realistic and achievable priorities and the ability to lead staff to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to manage and lead staff in a changing environment.
Interested applicants are invited to send CV and Motivation Letter on the e-mail address: email@example.com latest until August 14th, 2015.
Phone calls will not be accepted.