Engagement within the SWG Head Office/Secretariat located in Skopje, Macedonia.
Objective of the position
- Serves as assistant within the Project Department of the SWG Head Office/Secretariat;
- Provides administrative, clerical and programmatic support of general and specialized nature;
- Performs a variety of technical, analytical and administrative duties in providing various support and assistance to responsible staff in the Project Department within projects implemented by the SWG, with special projects, reports or other assignments, performing a variety of administrative support and analysis functions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provides a high level of coordination and organizational support to project staff and Project Managers;
- Collects financial, statistical, technical and specialized data for assigned projects, including the compilation and completion of a variety of complex and time-sensitive reports;
- Performs data analyses and comparisons; develops and maintains spreadsheets to facilitate data interpretation and manipulation;
- Assists with project and event planning and implementation;
- Composes, revises and edits a variety of routine to moderately difficult correspondence, reports, and informational materials;
- From rough notes, drafts, dictation, or brief oral instructions, types, formats, edits, revises, proofreads and prints reports, correspondence, memoranda, technical charts, tables and other specialized materials ranging from routine to complex;
- Proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy and completeness and for compliance with SWG policies and regulations;
- Interacts with project partners, providing general and specialized information regarding assigned function that may require the use of judgment, tact and sensitivity and the interpretation of policies, rules and procedures;
- Establishes and maintains the project’s information management system;
- Visits organizations and conduct mission to field as necessary in consultation with Project Manager;
- Manages the logistics of and coordinating content development for meetings, conferences, trainings, and other project-related events;
- Assists with the design, development and dissemination of project products and reports;
- Assists with supporting communication for project activities among the Project Manager, staff and others to optimize access and to ensure timely communication and facilitation of foreseen activities;
- Takes care of designing and developing databases to support project activities;
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines;
- Assists in arranging programs for in-coming and out-going official missions, make appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance;
- Follows up with the implementing partners and sub-contractors for progress report, submission of reports and recent data on target group and other information material;
- Coordinates and monitors project budgets;
- Coordinates proposal development and manages the proposal process;
- Assists with project data collection activities;
- Conducts literature reviews to support project activities.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- University Degree or Diploma in sciences closely related to agriculture, agro economy, economy, veterinary sciences, biology, environment, sustainable development or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working for international organizations or related.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Reader;
- Familiarity with database information flow/costing software;
- Adept in learning new software quickly and able to navigate and use to review, track, and upload various documents;
- Good command of English language (second international language is preferred);
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, grow, and desire for continuous improvement;
- Display a high degree of professionalism;
- Time Management: ability to meet deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities;
- Negotiate effectively in all situations; settle differences and resolve conflicts while maintaining positive relationships;
- Create positive morale on jobsite team while working to achieve a common goal;
- Manage multiple tasks, produce quality work on time sensitive deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times;
- Develop a business judgment in a manner consistent with the SWG Policy and Procedures;
- Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the jobsite team to ensure project success;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
Interested applicants are invited to send CV and Motivation Letter on the e-mail address: email@example.com latest until August 14th, 2015.
Phone calls will not be accepted.