The 2nd Dialogue Platform session for “Sharra” Region was held in the period of 17-18 March 2016 Hotel Kacinari “, Prizren
The aim of the 2nd dialogue platform was development of the effective models for integrated solid waste management in the cross- border region of Sharra, through consultation of the best practice and experiences from the EU member states.
The discussion on the platform was focused on the topics:
- Methodology for Monitoring of the Floating Debris and its Sources
- roles and responsibilities of the relevant stakeholders
- Concepts on waste collection standards and recycling
- Waste Collection Organizational Concepts.
- The process of formulating policy recommendations on ISWM in cross-border areas, initiated within the First Dialog Platform session will take place too.
The project is being implemented on behalf of the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) and NALAS, in support of GIZ Open Regional Fund for South East Europe – Modernization of Municipal Services (ORF MMS).
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence