The 11th SHG meeting aimed at discussion about general achievements related to the implementation of ABDA in the Western Balkan countries, on going activities and future perspective, as well as presentation of two GIZ programmes.
The main objectives of the Eleventh Stakeholders’ Group Meeting held on 28th October on Tara Mountain, Serbia was to present the overall results of Area Based Development Approach (ABDA) programme in the previous phase and ongoing and planed activities, project activities on Solid Waste Management Project implemented by GIZ and perspective for possible future implementation of GIZ project for Rural development via water and forest management in SEE.
Topics discussed during the meeting:
- Update on the ABDA program and operational activities
- Update on the Solid Waste management in SEE project activities
- Rural development via water and forest management in SEE
Conclusions from the meeting:
- In the forthcoming period SWG PMU office in Visegrad will continue with facilitation of project proposals development with focus on CBC programmes
- Municipalities and Public utility companies should deliver are developed plans, strategies as well as experiences from previous projects, new project ideas to define the economic and environmental impacts in the sphere of solid waste management;
- Possible implementation of grant scheme investment and soft measures within the Project “Rural development through integrated forest and water resources management in Southeast Europe” (LEIWW);
This activity is part of the EU funded project: ”Fostering regional cooperation and balanced territorial development of Western Balkan countries in the process towards EU integration” implemented by SWG.