SWG seeks to engage one National Expert from each: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, to join an experts’ team, which will be working on a regional assessment of the policies for diversification of economic activities in the rural areas of the SEE, with focus on rural tourism development, as well as to propose policy framework for economic diversification through rural tourism in line with EU policies.
The major outcomes of the assignment are:
- Regional methodology and approach for assessment of policies for diversification of economic activities with focus on rural tourism in the countries/territories of the SEE;
- Evaluation of the relevant policy frameworks in place and provision of recommendations for their improvement and alignment with EU policies;
- Regional report consisted of six national reports and one cross-country synthesis report on the status, gaps and constraints regarding the economic diversification policies with focus on rural tourism and provision of recommendations for an alignment of regional / national priorities with EU policies.
The National Experts tasks include:
- Collection, assessment and elaboration of the relevant national data/information on policies related to economic diversification in rural areas with focus on rural tourism;
- Development of the national report on the state of economic diversification policies, institutional and legal framework related to economic diversification, as per the outline for the national report, provided by the regional expert;
- Development of recommendations for future steps needed for improved institutional, policy and legal setup and alignment with EU policies related to economic diversification in rural areas with focus on rural tourism in the country/territory;
- Participation at the Kick-off Meeting, Interim Meetings and Final Meeting;
- Continuous cooperation and consultation with the Regional and the International Experts engaged under the assignment;
- Assisting SWG and GIZ in any other related issues.
All activities will be closely coordinated by SWG within the programme “Support to economic diversification of rural areas in Southeast Europe (SEDRA)”.
The working language for the assignment is English. The place of the assignment is the respective expert’s country/territory and the SEE region. The expert should accomplish the deliverables until 28 February 2020.
Expected qualifications of the expert:
- A university degree in tourism, economics, agriculture, or closely related discipline relevant to the assignment. PhD will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy;
- High quality analytical and document drafting skills;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Proven professional experience in policy assessment;
- Proven professional experience in policies on economic diversification in rural areas, with focus on rural tourism;
- Proven experience in drafting strategic documents;
- Understanding of the EU Common Agricultural Policy, with focus on economic diversification in rural areas;
- Understanding of the situation as well as the relevant legislative and policy framework in the respective country/territory.
Interested candidates should submit their application, consisted of:
- Cover letter
- Financial offer
by 14 December 2018 to: email@example.com .
The full Terms of Reference for the position can be downloaded here.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence