SWG seeks to engage a Regional Expert to join an experts’ team, which will be working on developing a regional assessment of the policies for diversification of economic activities in the rural areas of the SEE, with focus on rural tourism development, as well as to propose policy framework for economic diversification through rural tourism in line with EU policies.
The major outcomes of the assignment are:
- Regional methodology and approach for assessment of policies for diversification of economic activities with focus on rural tourism in the countries/territories of the SEE;
- Evaluation of the relevant policy frameworks in place and provision of recommendations for their improvement and alignment with EU policies;
- Regional report consisted of six national reports and one cross-country synthesis report on the status, gaps and constraints regarding the economic diversification policies with focus on rural tourism and provision of recommendations for an alignment of regional / national priorities with EU policies.
The Regional Expert’s tasks include:
- Development of methodology for assessment of the policies for economic diversification in rural areas, with focus on rural tourism in the SEE countries/territories;
- Development of methodology for assessment of the relevant institutional, policy and legal frameworks in the SEE countries/territories;
- Preparation of an outline for the cross-country synthesis report;
- Preparation of an outline for the national reports;
- Quality control and feedback to the national experts on the collected national data/information and submitted national reports;
- Development of cross-country synthesis report, including recommendations for improved policies, as well as institutional and legal set-up for economic diversification of the rural areas in SEE, with focus on rural tourism;
- Participation at the Kick-off Meeting, Interim Meetings and Final Meeting;
- Presentation of major outcomes of the report at the Agricultural Policy Forum 2019 and/or Ministerial Meeting 2019;
- Continuous cooperation and consultation with the National and the International Experts engaged under the assignment;
- Assisting SWG and GIZ in any other related issues.
All activities will be closely coordinated by SWG within the programme “Support to economic diversification of rural areas in Southeast Europe (SEDRA)”.
The working language for the assignment is English. The place of the assignment is the SEE region. The expert should accomplish the deliverables until 28 February 2020.
Expected qualifications of the expert:
- A university degree in tourism, economics, agriculture, or closely related discipline relevant to the assignment. PhD will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy;
- High quality analytical and document drafting skills;
- Excellent communication and reporting skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Proven professional experience in policy assessment;
- Proven professional experience in policies on economic diversification in rural areas, with focus on rural tourism;
- Proven experience in drafting strategic documents;
- Understanding of the EU Common Agricultural Policy, with focus on economic diversification in rural areas;
- Understanding of the situation as well as the relevant legislative and policy framework in the Western Balkan region.
Interested candidates should submit their application, consisted of:
- Cover letter
- Financial offer
by 14 December 2018 to: email@example.com .
The full Terms of Reference for the position can be downloaded here