The Standing Working Group for Regional Rural Development (SWG) in SEE within the EU funded project:” Regional cooperation and networking in the field of agriculture, rural and economic development of cross-border areas” organized workshop ” Development of value chains in the tourism and agribusiness sector” for the Cross-border region of “Sharra”.
The capacity building workshop “Development of value chains in the tourism and agribusiness sector ” for the Stakeholders’ Group of the Cross – border region “Sharra” was held from May 09th to May 11th(Wednesday to Friday ) at 10:30 in hotel “Bistra” Mavrovo, Macedonia. The capacity workshop was attended by representatives from Stakeholders from the “Sharra” cross-border region and represented a mix of tourism workers (private and public sector) agricultural producers and also trainers, SWG staff, agro and tourism experts.
During the three days training moderators/trainers helped the participants to improve their knowledge on the following topics:
- -Defining potentials and stakeholders on the value chain in the cross-border region
- -Basics of the value chain in the agribusiness sector. Concept, Efficiency, Participants, Challenges, Strategy, Monitoring, Adaptation (Improvement)
- -National Strategy for Tourism Development in the Republic of Macedonia
- -Presentation of Practical Examples of Effective Value Chains in the Cross-Border and EU Regions
- -Group work: Creating value chains in the “Sharra” cross-border region
- -SWOT analysis
- -Project cycle management
- -SWOT analysis
- -Financing opportunity
- -Creation of value chains in tourism and agribusiness
- -Log Frame
- -Budget (business plan)
- -General donor procedures