SWG support the organization of the annual PREPARE Gathering 2011 which took place on Zlatibor, Serbia in the period from June 29th to July 1st.
The Conference entitled: “Access EU with Integrated Rural Development” was this year’s main topic at the international gathering organized by the Pan‐European PREPARE network.
More than 150 participants from about 20 European countries gathered in Zlatibor, Serbia, where the national rural development network of Serbia was the host of the event, providing an opportunity to exchange experiences from across Europe, discovered Serbia’s rural life and contributed to an integrated and sustainable development of rural areas.
This year’s gathering, which included series of events/WS-s in Serbia, provided rural civil societies with an opportunity to discuss and express views on the current challenges of rural development in Europe and beyond it; created a space for exchanging experience and ideas and stimulated an exchange between rural actors from those Central and Eastern European countries which are already EU members, and those which are preparing for accession, especially from the South Eastern European region. At the same time, the event promoted a dialogue between the public, private and NGO sectors.
- CAP and agriculture and rural development of pre-accession countries – Mr. Marius LAZDINIS, DG Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
- RURAL DEVELOPMENT NETWORKING: a luxury or a necessity? – Mr. Adrian NEAL, European Network for Rural Development, Contact Point
- Importance of the regional cooperation between the Western Balkan countries -Role of the SWG in the EU integration of the Western Balkan – Mr. Aleksandar BOGUNOVIC, SWG-Standing Working Group
- European Rural Development Policy and Western Balkan –Does one size fit all? – Prof. D-r Emil ERJAVEC, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana
- The case of EU project in Western Balkan: “RuralNet” – Mr. Dragan ROGANOVIC, Regional Rural Center Kraljevo, Serbia
- PREPARE NETWORK, the voice from civil society – Goran ŠOSTER, PREPARE Coordinator
- The European Agricultural and Rural Convention (ARC2020); How civil society can influence the reform of the Common Agriculture and Rural Policy – Mr. Hannes LORENZEN, ARC-Agriculture and Rural Convention
- Rural Economy Diversification and its Importance for Serbia. Role of rural development network – Dr. Suzana DJORDJEVIC-MILOSEVIC, FAOTeam leader/ Rural Development Programme Officer, United Nations Joint Programme Sustainable Tourism for Rural Development