The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group in South Eastern Europe (SWG) will organize a Regional Meeting on “Establishment of the Balkan Rural Development Network” during the Agricultural Fair in Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia.
The aim of the meeting is establishment of the Balkan Rural Development Network.
Based on the previous meetings and discussions (Declaration on networking signed at the Regional Participatory Planning Workshop on “Establishment of rural development networks in SEE countries” March 4th 2011 in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, and Meeting of the initiative board for establishment of Balkan Rural Development Network – BRDN March 28th 2013, Belgrad, Republic of Serbia), it is expected that the representatives of existing Rural Development Networks and initiatives in the Balkan region will discuss and adopt the Statute of the Balkan Rural Development Network (BRDN).
The following aims are defined in the draft Statute of the BRDN:
- To connect and align different profile organizations for exchange of opinions, information and experiences as well as promotion organization and assisting in activities from the sphere of the rural development.
- To promote rural communities development and to connect different sectors in those communities;
- To work on promotion of the conditions for consistent development of the rural areas and improvement of the quality of life.
The members shall cooperate in the following areas:
– Rural development;
– Trade and economic development;
– Agriculture and agro-industry;
– Environmental protection;
– Protection and promotion of cultural heritage;
– Tourism and rural tourism;
– Exchange of statistical data;
– Knowledge, experience and information; and
– Collaboration between authorities or in any other related area.