The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in South-East Europe (SEE) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) organized the serial of 2nd National Networking Workshops for the FAO SWG Project:” Streamlining of agriculture and rural development policies of SEE countries for EU accession” in the period from 1st – 7th of September 2013.
The Workshops were intended for the representatives of the Ministries, representatives of the NGO-s and experts for Analysis of Agricultural Policies, already included in this project and took part as follows:
- 1 – 3 September 2013, on Kopaonik, Serbia (for participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia)
- 3 – 5 September 2013, in Mavrovo, Macedonia (for participants from Macedonia and Montenegro)
- 5 – 7 September 2013 in Peja, Kosovo* (for participants from Albania and Kosovo*)
The WS-s were mainly focused on the presentation about the Agriculture Policy Measures template – the state of the art in the analysis of budgetary transfers.
The following topics were also presented and discussed:
- Update of status of alignment with EU policy at national level; results and progress of the performed work focusing on the collected information and documents on EU agriculture and rural development policies;
- Comparison of Statistics between EU member states and Western Balkan countries;
- Update on implemented actions on networking and cooperation campaign –the web-site is active and will be further improved: http://app.seerural.org/
- Best cooperation model among policy makers and scientific and research institutions.
Detailed reports with the accompanied documents from each of the three National Networking Workshops
* Kosovo* “This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.”