The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management of Austria jointly organized the meeting on: “Regional water and forest management in South Eastern Europe – Future Regional Actions in SEE”.
The meeting took part from 12-15 March 2013 in the Forestry education/training centre “FAST Ort” in Gmunden, Austria. In total 33 participants: most of them (23) members of the Regional Expert Advisory Group on Water-Forestry management in SEE, Representatives from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management of Austria, European Forest Institute, Austrian Federal Service for Torrent and Avalance Control, Austrian Natural Resources Management and International Cooperation Agency (ANRICA), GIZ, International Sava Commission and European Environmental Agency, were present.
This regional expert advisory working group meeting was a follow-up on the future steps out to be taken for the regional coordination of joint water resource and forestry management in the region of South Eastern Europe.
In particular, the propose of the regional expert advisory working group meeting was to discuss and evaluate the methods on the established regional working group in becoming visible a leading, pro-active initiative on regional level for joint water resource and forestry management.
The program was focused on:
- Presentation and discussion on the Forest Governance in the EU;
- Presentation and discussion on successful examples on sustainable forest management – case in Austria including the presentation of the Austrian Forest Act;
- Presentation and discussion of developed regional project concepts on joint WR and Forestry management in SEE;
- Drafting of a road map towards enhanced regional planning and coordination in SEE;
- Inclusion and cooperation with possible partners (with special focus to the possible areas of cooperation with the European Environmental Agency – EEA), stakeholders and donor community.
For more details related to this meeting, please follow the link: Regional Expert Advisory Working Group Meeting on: “Regional water and forest management in South Eastern Europe – Future Regional Actions in SEE”