GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH) and SWG Head Office/Secretariat initiated and organized a study trip entitled: “Rural Networks in the European Union – Actors, Set-up and Tasks”.
The facts that:
- The Rural Networks have been implemented within the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) as an instrument to enhance EU rural development policies in the funding period 2007 – 2013,
- The main purposes of the networks are to transfer information and exchange of experiences concerning rural development measures, and to provide technical assistance for LEADER local action groups (LAGs) and inter-territorial and transnational partnerships (EC/1698/2005)
And furthermore the fact that:
- The Rural Development Networks in the SEE countries are recently established or under the process of establishment,
Approved the idea of the organizers that a study trip could provide the opportunity for the representatives from the South Eastern European countries to observe and study the experiences of European Union member countries and learn the process of establishment and organization structure and capacities of the rural development networks (set-up, major tasks and actors involved).
The trip was realized in the period from 4 – 8 July in Austria and Czech Republic. In total 24 representatives from Ministries and representatives from National Rural Development Networks or existing Initiatives from 7 SWG member countries (except from Bulgaria) participated in this study trip, carefully programmed and guided by the organizers.
Besides the presentations:
- Presentation on EU framework for Networking in Rural Development
- State-of-the-art of Rural Network creation in the participating SWG member countries
- Presentation of the Austrian National Network for Rural Development “Netzwerk Land” (overview and overall management, activities in Axis 1, Networking in Axes 3 and 4 – LEADER)
- Presentation on Networking for Rural Development in Axis 2 – Agro-environmental issues and land development
- Presentation of the LAG “Weinviertel – Manhartsberg” (including project visits)
- Presentation on Regional LAG Network of South Moravia
- Presentation on Association of Regional Trademarks and other presentations,
The participants had an opportunity to see the practical benefits of the networking in rural areas through the field visits to: the LAG Kyjovské Slovácko v Pohybu and the LAG MAS Moravsky Kras, where various projects were seen and different rural stakeholders were met.
You can download Presentations here