The Nineteen Stakeholder Group Meeting for the cross-border region of “Drina-Tara” was attended by 57 participants, interested stakeholders from “Drina-Tara” region, Mayor of the Municipality of Visegrad, Deputy Mayor, media representatives and SWG project team.
Main conclusions from the meeting:
Stakeholders group from the cross-border region of “Drina-Tara” supports further work on the identified value chains and integration of tourism and the creation of added value for agricultural products. Participants stressed out that there are opportunities, but that chances are not sufficiently recognized, and accordingly the following actions are proposed:
- Creation of joint offer of the region (due to lack of initiatives, experiences, knowledge and money);
- Connecting more cross-border regions;
- Development of joint programs for the development of rural areas by Tourism Organizations, Travel Agencies and rural household;
- Development of agritourism;
- Promotion through the engagement of marketing experts;
- To help users who have already entered the field of rural development;
- Education of rural households and tour operators which includes activities for improving communication with tourists;
- Creation of a cross-section approach of potentials through mapping the problems of rural households;
- Assistance in expanding rural production through the procurement of equipment;
- To focus on children and young people as vulnerable groups.
This activity is part of the EU funded project: “Regional cooperation and networking in the field of agriculture, rural and economic development of cross-border areas”