The Eighteen Stakeholder Group Meeting for the cross-border region “Drina-Tara” was attended by 34 participants, interested stakeholders from “Drina-Tara” region and SWG project team.
The main objectives of the Eighteen Stakeholders Group Meeting held on 30 May in the Rural tourist household “Lazarevi konaci”, village Kacer, Uzice, Serbia was to present implemented and planned activities within the SWG EU project “Regional cooperation and networking in the field of agriculture, rural and economic development of cross-border areas” as well as presentation of collected data with the aim to map the value chains in rural tourism and agribusiness sector in the cross-border region of “Drina-Tara”.
Conclusions from the Meeting:
Associations and organizations for the implementation of
- planned activities supported within the SWG RRD projects should strengthen the capacities of their organizations and timely to define tasks with their team members to ensure the successful implementation and sustainability of their events / activities;
- Additional data related to tourism sector to be submitted;
- To deliver information regarding the amount of berry fruit (raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, cultivated forest) processed in juices, sweet, wine etc.;
- Channels for placement of local products are possible and should be combined with tourism;
- For the agribusiness sector, the key problem may be legislation regulating this area (in respect to the Food Safety Act, which prescribes the HACCP standard and fulfillment of other sanitary and technical preconditions for legal placement of fruit products on the market).
This activity is part of the EU funded project: “Regional cooperation and networking in the field of agriculture, rural and economic development of cross-border areas”.