The international People-to-People manifestation “Through folklore to reconciliation” this year was organized for the first time in the Municipality Lopare. The aim of this regional manifestation was promotion of traditional, gastronomic and cultural heritage of the cross-border region “Drina-Sava”. Participants from three countries – Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia participated and had the opportunity to get familiarized with the traditional gastronomy, folklore culture from this region.
The following cultural and artistic associations participated in this event:
- KUD “Sveti Sava” from Loznica (Serbia),
- KUD “Frula” from Loznica (Serbia),
- KUD “Koraj” from Koraja (Bosnia and Herzegovina),
- 4th KUD “Apševački veseljaci” from Apševaca/Nijemci (Crotia)
- KUD “Spačva” from Donji Novo Selo/Nijemci (Croatia) and
- SPKD “Prosvjeta” Lopare (Bosnia and Herzegovina).
The manifestation was implemented by the informal group of young people from Lopare and Koraja in cooperation with the Municipality of Lopare, Centre for Culture and Information and SPKD “Prosvjeta” Lopare.
This activity is part of the European Union funded project: “Fostering regional cooperation and balanced territorial development of Western Balkan countries in the process towards EU integration” implemented by the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG) in South-Eastern Europe.