The three-day workshop “Development of value chains in tourism and agri-business sector – instrument for strengthening competitiveness of cross-border regions and entrance of small entrepreneurs of local products at the regional markets” was attended by 39 participants in the cross-border region “Drina-Sava” organized in Trsic in the period 19-21.04.2018
The objective of the workshop was to provide stakeholders of cross-border region with theoretical knowledge, practical experience and tools for increasing competitiveness and inclusion in regional markets.
Workshop was conducted by trainers from the Regional Development Agency “Zlatibor”, Užice, Serbia and Zoran Gacic from PG Gacica magaza, Bogatic, Serbia for representatives of the business sector and civil sector (business oriented) from the cross -border region “Drina -Sava”. The workshop was organized on a participatory approach, through discussions and group work.
The first day participants were divided into two working groups where were analyzed two value chains:
- -Mapping of value chain culture routs in the cross- border region “Drina-Sava”
- -Mapping of value chain of Plum and Brandy
Main topics presented and discussed during training:
- -The theoretical concept of value chain development and its application in enhancing cooperation between local stakeholders in the tourism sector and the production of local products.
- -What local stakeholders in the tourism and agribusiness sectors can do to increase the competitiveness of the sector and their involvement in value chains and local / regional / national / international markets?
- -Value chains mapping in tourism and agribusiness in the cross-border area, creating an action plan and elaborating 2 priority actions – How to identify key actors in the value chain, their weaknesses and opportunities, the causes of weaknesses and how to create priority corrective actions for selected value chains.
Development of value chains in agriculture, on the example of production of brandy and jam was conducted by Zoran Gacic, owner of PG Gacica magaza, Bogatic, Serbia. He presented the value chain in which he is operating from fruit production to final product, placement on the market and cooperation with other bodies within the value chain.
Lecturers continued with more specified presentation of Mountain breakfast concept, presentation of value chains in apple, raspberry and plum production, as well as dairy sector, presentation of CBC project Mapping of typical products in Southeastern Bosnia and Herzegovina and Zlatibor District in Serbia.
“The three-day workshop enabled us to acquire new and expand existing knowledge in the field of creating small value chains, which are very important for achieving additional value. Sharing experiences and examples of good practice in the future will help us to master the knowledge we have gained in creating new tourism products. On the other hand, through everyday work we had the opportunity to get to know each other and discuss the cooperation on future projects. I would especially like to emphasize the Mountain Breakfast, which can serve as an idea for the realization of a similar project within the cross-border region “Drina-Sava” stated Ms. Tatjana Savic, Tourism organization of Municipality Bogatic, Serbia.
The workshop was organized by the Standing Working Group for Regional Rural Development (SWG) within the SWG EU funded project” Regional cooperation and networking in the field of agriculture, rural and economic development of cross-border areas”