During the Kick-off Meeting of Regional Expert Advisory Working Group (REAWG) on the Role of Women in the Rural Development in the Western Balkans are presented current policies affecting the situation of rural women and their engagement in rural areas in the WBs and discuss on proposed methodology, framework, role and task of National Experts and the SWG Regional Offices in the process of developing recommendation for improving policies.
The aim of the activity is to shed light on women’s engagement in agriculture and their contribution to rural development in the Western Balkan region, as well as opportunities to use of their potential in the development of circular economy, green, social and environmental entrepreneurship.
Join Declaration from the International Ministerial Conference “Women and their position in rural areas” was signed and adopted in Brdo pri Kranju, Slovenia on August 20, 2021 by the Ministries responsible for agriculture from the EU and Western Balkans, representatives of FAO and SWG RRD.
The activity is supported within the Project: Promotion of Economic Diversification of Rural Areas in Southeast Europe (SEDRA II) in SEE- Evidence based policy development implemented by SWG in partnership with GIZ and Project: “Agricultural Policy Dialogue Germany – Western Balkans” implemented in partnership with GFA and IAK.
1. Intro – Dori Pavloska Gjorgjieska
2. Current situation Albania – Edvin Zhllima
3. Current situation BiH – Alen Mujcinovic
4. Current Situation R. of Srpska – Milena Ljubicic
5. Current situation Kosovo – Iliriana Miftari
6. Current situation North Macedonia – AAEM
7. Current situation Montenegro – Aleksandra Despotovic
8. Current situation Serbia – Isidoa Ljumovic
9. Methodology for assessing women’s engagement – AAEM
10. Recommendations on methodolody – IAMO