Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group in SEE, in cooperation with the German Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Agricultural Policy Dialogue Project – Western Balkans (APD) and Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) – SEDRA II Project are working on the implementation of the Action plan of the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans. Since soil is one of the topics covered within the Action plan, the Third Interim Meeting of the Regional Expert Advisory Working Group on Soil was organized in Durres, Albania.
The aim of the Third Interim Meeting of the REAWG on Soil was to present the analysis done for the region in terms of gaps and recommendations on soil management. It was agreed that a significant effort was done and that the prepared documents can contribute further in developing tools for adequate soil management. Regional soil partnership was also discussed as the activities are ongoing and it is expected to be soon established.
Programme-Meeting on REAWG Soil
1. Regional assessment on soil – gaps and recommendations – main findings Dragana Vidojevic
2. What Albania needs from the Western Balkans Soil Partnership – Pandi Zdruli
3. The needs that Soil partnership should cover in the Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH) Hamdija Civic
4. The needs that Soil partnership should cover in the Republic of Srpska Mihajlo Markovic
5. Presentation of the needs that Soil partnership should cover Mirko Knezevic
6. Needs that soil partnership should cover Dushko Mukaetov
7. Soil status in Kosovo, gaps, recommendations and needs that soil partnership should cover Afrim Sharku
8. The needs that Soil partnership should cover in the countries Stanko Milic
9. Availability and acquisition of soil-data – Christian Wiese