The purpose of the project is to provide an overview of best practices and analyse the potential of participation of the smallholders in the short value chains in the Western Balkans and Turkey.
The overall objective of the project is to collect relevant information necessary to conduct an in-depth analysis of short supply chains among small farmers in the WB and Turkey and their potential impacts on economic aspects as well as their social sustainability.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Identification of the sale channels used by small farms;
- Assessment of the overall level of information about the sale channels;
- Analysis of the contractual arrangements applied in different selling channels by small farms;
- Analysis of the processing level of products undertaken by small farms;
- Food safety and quality standards applied in short supply chains;
- The role of short-supply chains in promoting application of environmentally friendly farms’ practices;
- The role of agricultural policy in supporting small farmers’ access to market;
- The role of short-supply chain in promoting the economic viability of small farms;
- The impact of participation in short supply chain on farm employment.
|Project Name: Study of best practices and potential of participation of the smallholders in the short value chains in the Western Balkans region and Turkey|
|Commissioned by: Joint Research Center (JRC)|
|Project region: Western Balkans and Turkey|
|Lead executing Agency:Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group in SEE (SWG)|
|Time frame: 14 Oct’19 – 14 Oct’20|