The special session at the IAMO Forum 2022 presented some of the analytical work carried out in the framework of the APD. The presented studies are elaborated in close cooperation between scientists and practitioners from the Western Balkans, Germany and other European countries. The session also provided a forum to discuss future directions of Agricultural Policy Development in the light of latest developments.
The session was co-chaired by Boban Ilic, Secretary General of SWG and Ramona Zinken, Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
The following presentations were delivered:
- The Agricultural Policy Dialogue Germany Western Balkans – Tilman Reinhardt (GFA)
- Recent results from Agricultural Policy Monitoring – Aleksandra Martinovska Stojcheska (University Ss. Cyril and Methodius Skopje)
- Economic impact of the Farm-to-Fork strategy, the Green Agenda and the Ukraine war on Agricultural markets in the Western Balkans – Tilman Reinhardt (GFA)
- Impacts of climate change on agriculture and recommendations for adaptation measures in the Western Balkans – Florian Schierhorn (IAMO)
- Soil Protection in the Western Balkans – Dragana Vidojevic (Serbian Environmental Protection Agency), Christian Wiese (Lkr. Stendal)
- The role of youth in agriculture and rural development in the Western Balkans – Dori Pavlovska (SWG), Judith Möllers (IAMO), Emelj Tuna (University Ss. Cyril and Methodius Skopje.