The Slovenian Committee on Agriculture, Forestry and Food organized a Conference for the related parliamentary committees of the national parliaments of the EU Member States, the European Parliament, and the parliaments of the candidate countries.
– The SWG participated on the meeting where the focal point of discussions were the following issues:
- future of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in relation to the environment;
- food security as a concern for sufficient food supplies;
- climate change having a significant impact on agriculture and on the conditions of food production.
– The EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, H.E. Marrian Fischer Boel was introduced with the initiative of the SWG and invited to participate on the Agricultural Policy Forum 2008.