Rural Business Development training in Mokra Gora gathered twenty one (21) service providers from Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro. They learned how to develop rural tourism products, how to organize work in rural tourism with focus on marketing & branding.
The main topics covered were:
- Developing touristic products in rural tourism
- People, structure, tools & process (organising of work in rural tourism, safety standards, approach in architecture, responsibility)
- Sustainable development
- Creating the added values/services in rural tourism
- Rural businesses in the digital channels (Open data, web and social)
- Customer relationship & PR
- Visual identity & branding
Presentations from the Training are provided at the following links:
Training was organized in the Hotel Carobni Breg, one of the facility included in the Explore Balkans cross-border tours. It is located in Mokra Gora, ranked among best tourist villages in the world in 2022. It is located 8 km from Wooden City (Mecavnik), while Nature protected area “Sargan-Mokra Gora” is 2.7 km away. National Park Tara is also located near the hotel. Guests can enjoy a meal at the gastronomic restaurant, offering local cuisine. You can engage in various activities, such as hiking, bicycling and skiing in the winter time.
The activity is part of the Project: Promotion of Economic Diversification in Rural Areas of South-Eastern Europe (SEDRA II) in SEE – Value chain capacity building on agriculture and rural tourism to promote employment opportunities financially supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and implemented by SWG RRD in partnership with GIZ.