Taking into consideration recent geopolitical developments and growing concerns in the Western Balkans, SWG, within its mission to promote regional cooperation in the Western Balkans, and the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy of the Republic of North Macedonia organized a videoconference in which Ministers and high-level officials responsible for agriculture in the countries/territories of the Western Balkans discussed the following:
- current situation of food supply chains in each country/territory;
- food self-sufficiency of each country/territory and current status for the supply of major foodstuff and agricultural inputs (fertilizers, spare parts etc.);
- surpluses and deficits of specific types of agri-food products;
- trade and free movement of agricultural goods, inputs and supplies between the Western Balkans;
- open issues and possible joint actions to facilitate trade.