Members of the Stakeholders’ Group, representatives from municipalities, civil society and the private sector from “Drina-Sava” cross-border region gathered for the 6th time to discuss ongoing and future activities.
This time, the meeting took part in Drenovci, Croatia where the Deputy Major of Drenovci – Mr. Boris Španić welcomed the participants in the City library.
The main objective of the workshop, which was held on 12th December, was to launch initiative and concrete actions on the ground to test the approach based on the development of the territory, presentation of the conclusion of the Working Group on Agriculture and Tourism from the workshop held in Andrevlje, and approval of the proposed Operational Protocol and the Rules of Procedure of the SHG cross-border region “Drina-Sava”.
The following is the summary from the discussion and the conclussions:
- The Stakeholders agreed on the proposed micro-regions and suggested that new proposals should come in the near future;
- The Stakeholders expressed their interest to participate in establishing the criteria for the Small Grand Scheme, and insisted that activities of the project must be horizontally arranged on the entire region;
- Engagement of professionals/lawyers by the SWG Secretariat to review the adopted Operational Protocol and the Rules of Procedure of the SHG cross-border region “Drina-Sava” is necessary;
- An open call for nominations of new stakeholders who should join the existing SHG will be published on the official website of the SWG and the official sites of SHG members (the call will be open until 15th of February 2014), and
- Based on the definition of the “Drina-Sava” region, rules on formation of the region and harmonization with the ABDA concept, the SWG Secretariat should advice if new/more municipalities can join the existing SHG.